Monday, November 15, 2010

the future... wait, no it's now

I am a junior in high school this year so i have been one busy stressed out bee. Two AP classes fill up most of the free time i am used to having during the school year, but alas! This year there is no free time to be had. I think i have resigned myself pretty well to the homework load, i find i like working hard towards the goal of good grades more fulfilling this year. It has gotten so much so that any free time i have i don't know what to do with myself so i usually end up doing some homework. I view it as preparation for the college experience that i am already preparing for.

College. College. College.
It is a full word, what i mean by that is the word seems to fill up your mouth when you say it.

I am getting to the point in my junior carrier in which i decide where i wish to go to college and do all the preparations to ensure i get to that college. I would love to attend an out of state college, just far enough that i can't live at home or visit everyday but close enough that i can drive home for holidays. This is not because i hate being at home, by all means no! I just long to be thrown out of my comfort zone and experience something completely new and alien to myself.

I have narrowed it down to four colleges i would like to apply to.
-University of Washington at Seattle
-University of Texas at Austen
-University of Colorado at Denver
-University of colorado at Boulder

U of W is close to my Uncle in Oregon and my friends in Idaho. We have many friends in Texas and Colorado is so centralized that i could get to all of these people plus my sis in Montana and my grandparents in South Dakota! I am super excited about this part of my life, i think i'll enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment