Sunday, November 07, 2010

Channel four...

Birthdays are special days full of happiness and sunshine and rainbows and streamers and cakes and presents. They are fun, charming with all the correct people that need to be there, family and friends, you know. Sometimes you get taken out on an outing to a theme park with a friend. Birthdays are amazing! Believe me, i think there are the greatest.

Then there are 16th birthdays. These are a breed apart from normal birthdays. These consist of many things that normal birthdays do but to make this a proper equation we must add lots of money, Teen girls (lets face it, besides Bar Mitzvahs and those for fourteen year olds, what teen boy has a sweet sixteen? *cricket* thats what i thought) and big presents. Yes, girls when that certain day comes around start expecting huge presents and a large sum of money to be spent on them. There was even a reality TV show about them... called Sweet Sixteen. Anyway, my point is that most teenagers demand a big party celebration just for them.

I make the confession that i am one of those girls. Two years ago my sister turned sixteen and my parents practically rented out an arcade for all of her friends to run about and shoot at badly pixilated screens, which by the way is one of the most fun things ever! So this year i automatically started thinking of what big hoo-ha i could throw for my b-day. I decided on Disneyland! So the week-end after Thanksgiving we are spending at the happiest place on earth (it's true, too)riding rides over and over again. I am so excited!!

Today is actually my birthday but we are not doing anything tell that weekend because my amazingly talented sister and our friend is having a voice recital. I am cool with that:) I had gluten free waffles with fruit and sausages this morning as a wee celebration and i opened the cards from grandparents so that was good enough for me!

"whats that dad? 100 dollars to spend on iTunes? WOO-HOO!!"

Have i mentioned that i love my amazing, perfect, totally cool parents? Well i love my amazing, perfect totally cool parents! They are gifts from God! Thank you Mommy and Daddy. I will love you forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment