Friday, November 12, 2010

What a fright!

My good friend told me today that she had seen Tim Burtons Nightmare Before Christmas for the first time in her life. This brought back many fond memories of this stunning example of superior claymation. Ever since i saw this movie i remember falling in love with it! The claymation captured the feelings of every character so perfectly. The story idea is so unique to anything else that has been made and the songs! The songs! The soulful heartfelt serenades of love sick Sally to the hopeful tune of Jack's Whats This!

The strangeness of the Halloween characters is slightly disturbing, my sister loathes this movie. I can see how she could get weirded out by the disturbing look of the halloween town but i find it so perfect!

But i won't ever forget the first time i heard Jack Skellington walked on to the curly hill in the pumpkin patch to sing the haunting chores of Jack's Lament. I feel, hard! And now i am fully and forever in love with the tall dashing skeleton. How could i avoid it? He is the best looking skeleton i've ever seen! He wheres the most amazing pin-stripped suit and cat bow-tie. AHH! love him!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! I like the post about 'Nightmare Before Christmas'... such a classic! I dressed as Sally for Halloween several years ago. (saved the dress I had made) think I may try that costume again someday since I think your uncle Aaron would make a great Jack Skellington. Gotta make a bat bow tie!
    Keep writing! :)

    ReplyDelete