Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Pretty factor

Me and two good friends of mine have been swimming at the aquatic center in Pasadena for exercise. It's been fun! We took a four week class that refined our swimming skills so we could get more out of it. At first we, being the non-lame teenagers that we are, were like "a swimming class? psh! we don't need that!" Of coarse we did need it!
The last time i took a swim class i was about six years old. I loved everything about it except for my teachers.

-I must have an introduction to the point i am about to write about. When I was little i was a very innocent child, I was shielded from the usual little girl fantasies of having a boy friend, I was not informed of what a crush was(not that i would have had one). I knew about love, of coarse, from the amazing Disney movies and so forth but me actually ever wanting to be in love (or like, whatever) with a real non-animated boy was absurd. Boys were gross unless they were trapped behind a glass screen and could only be alive in my imagination, which was usually occupied with being a sword fighting mouse or wizard or princess kicking her evil step-mothers butt. Very rarely was i ever in love with someone so having a "crush" wasn't even in my vocabulary. When my little girl eyes looked upon a guy that my later teenaged eyes would have classified as good looking i just thought he was weird and made me feel uncomfortable, therefore i didn't like him.
So now that i am sixteen and knowledgeable i realize that those "weird" swim instructors were, in fact, hot. I know, i know, very teen-girl of me to say but i can't really help it. i assure you i don't feel comfortable around hot guys still unless i know them.

Back to the aquatic center, the first time me and my friend Mika and his sister walked in to take our lessons i turned to him and said with a miserable facial expression "i bet the hottest instructor here will be out teacher just because i'm here."
Guess what.
His name is Matt and he is tall and built, not necessarily hot, but charming with a beautiful smile, great laugh and kinda big ears. I hate him, not really, but i do. I try to get a swim lane as far away from him as possible because i always have this annoying feeling of being watched when i'm around good looking guys i don't know. Blah!
But also it's just the aquatic center, all the teachers and life guards are very good looking. I think part of the hiring process is a modeling show. I have a friend who works there and by many standards she is stunning. So it's just kinda hard to concentrate on swimming well when you're surrounded by beautiful people.
Not some of the other customers though, geez! That locker room is scary to walk into without first shielding your eyes.
Despite all this, I love swimming! It's so peaceful and a real challenge that makes me feel great! I am so happy after an hour of swimming that i am quite willing to take on the homework that awaits me at home. Love swimming!
So those are my swimming thoughts.
bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment