Saturday, April 30, 2011

Would you still love me if I had a crustacean on my face?

So Kate and William are finally married. I must confess that I was not among the millions of women and prince-crazy girls who got up at 1:00 am to see the happy couple tied. No, I went to bed and was very happy about it. What is it about Americans that love foreign affairs?
I did watch them get married but it was later and we had recorded it. I wanted to watch it because I supposed that it was a historical event that I can say I witnessed.
It was a loverly ceremony. Kate's dress was sophisticated and elegant, showing off her figure beautifully. I also loved the maid of honor's dress. The brother of the groom wasn't so bad looking himself *mischievous wink* Ok, so maybe I am a wee tiny bit prince liking. I am not prince crazy. humph.
Anyway, so the wedding party was loverly but what I enjoyed most about this royal event was not that it was royal or british. I loved looking at all the HATS!
I mean, seriously! Did you see those hats! They were out of this world and slightly freakish. I had never seen so many hats before in my life.
I love this ensemble. The corral pink is just beautiful and the hat is cute and tasteful. I love it!
But then there were more misses then hits on the hat score.
I'll start with someone we all know, yes that is Victoria Beckham. And what that on her face? oh, wait it is a hat.
Um...what? This just confuses me.
Thats the queen of Denmark. She looks like a very nice woman, her hat just looks like a small deep sea creature.
I am confident I saved the best for last. Would you look at these beauties? More like, what were you thinking about when you bought these hats? A nest with clearly fake purple flowers and a... well, I am not sure what that other one is. The blue dress is stunning but I have a feeling it would be really hard to take her seriously in that hat.
Oh wait, can't forget these hats. No, really. I have been trying to forget that brown bow thing but it's horrific image is burned into my brain. I do not mind the blue one because she went all the way with the hat and the dress, it is rather fun and cool, but what happened to her sister? Uggh!

1 comment:

  1. that last brown one reminds me of a set of deer horns or something.

    ReplyDelete