Friday, April 01, 2011

Trapped in a tower

I have been gone from my humble little blog for to long! I do have an excuse for my absence, no matter how common it is: I have no time.
Of coarse that is a lie for you always have time. It is unlimited until you die, then you actually have no time. What I should say is that all my time is taken up. Yes, that is better.
All of my time is stocked with classes, events, obligations, and homework. The only time I feel like I am not engaged in one of these things is when I am sleeping, and I haven't been getting enough of that.
My fully packed time seems to be racing past. So fast I can not grasp firmly to any moment. It got me thinking(a dangerous past time, I know ;). How can I live fully in this fleeting time period called my life? Observing people around me I realized that us humans live greatly on emotions. We latch onto the strongest emotion we are feeling at one time or another and we run with it for as long as it will hold out. When it fades we search for another.
Well, a problem with this is when we grab an emotion we do not notice all the other feelings and relationships that can be had so focused are we upon the emotion at hand.
If only we would step aside back from what we think is completely and utterly the most important thing in our lives to look at the big picture. When I stepped back I saw friends that where there for me but I had not been working hard enough to keep close. I saw little risks I could take that would result in many fond memories.
Ugg, this post is turning into a sappy feeling fest. Oh well, I am a girl which gives me the undeniable right to be sappy and dramatic. HA!
Anyway, when people do not realize this they tend to be very single minded which is very sad. They are not as fun to talk to. I can be this way, to focused on one thing. It is hard, pulling your eyes from an engaging or over-baring topic in your life. It's like this: you have one natural attention span, at least it feels like that. When you notice more then one necessary thing in your life you have to work at splitting that attention span down the middle. The action has a funny sort of pain to it, an uncomfortable feeling.
But after we get used to it and do it often, we get much more out of life.
But for now, stuck up in my turret(my room. It is not actually a turret, I just call that for fun) I find that today I must be single minded. Homework. Homework. Homework. Yep there is a hill of it.
I will see you after I climb it.

No comments:

Post a Comment