Monday, April 25, 2011

God is good!

Easter! It was yesterday but I had no time to type none the less take in what was happening so lets just pretend it is Easter.
Easter is Easter right? People wake up, exchange "He is risen!" and then go to church and hunt for eggs. At least that is what it has seemed to be lately. Easter has lost it's potency to people. The God of the Universe died on this day. Died. The God of the Universe. How can that loose it's potency?! But it has.
The past 40 days I have been participating in lent. I have been fasting sugar and accessorizing, which includes any sort of fun creative way of dressing. For forty days I have been only waring t-shirts and tank tops and jeans. Boring.
But through this lack of excessiveness in clothing has brought to light things about my self confidence that would not have come to my attention.
So many little details of self-confidence issues came bubbling up through cracks presented by these forty days of no-clothes-extravaganza.
Well, every revelation and word from God and emotional issue tumbled toward Easter.
I got up, got dressed in a fun outfit and went to church. At the service they were baptizing a few people but they said they were open for anyone. I felt moved by God and the things he was asking of me that baptism was what I wanted. So I went up and got baptized!
I am so happy about it!
It was such a good Easter. We watched The Passion of the Christ when we got home. I am glad to have seen that too. It was a wonderful and powerful Easter.
I am rather tired at the moment so I apologize for the messiness of this post but I am so happy to share with everyone this happy event in my life!
He is risen and I am His bride!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! Congrats on your baptism, and more so, on your obedience to the Spirit's leading.

    ReplyDelete