Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Boo Radelys attention

The last book I read was a perfect book. To Kill A Mocking Bird by Harper Lee.
Isn't that just a beautiful title? I think it is just as loverly as Harper Lee's name.
Throughout reading this book I had the sharp sense that this was not just a novel like the usual pleasure ones written for fun reading. This was one of those unique and rare ones that have an impact so profound it can change ones prospective on things. What could be in these words that could do that?
I do not know but I want more of it.
The delightful yet sobering tale of two children growing up in Maycome County, Alabama. Their father, a lawyer, has to defend an african american in a court case. The results of this case and other incidents in the town combine to create a warm deep story of comeing of age in a time that was fraught with conflicting mindsets of America.
Harper Lee has caught it all perfectly.
I will not forget this book ever. It is on my favorite book shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment