Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Fish and cross dressers

Last week was Spring Break.
Oh glorious oasis of free-ness in the middle of school year!
On this little slice of sweet freedom we decided to travel to the Emerald City. No, not the one with everyone in glasses and a freaky fake wizard guy. I mean the one in Washington on the tip of Puget Sound, yeah Seattle. That one.
We flew in on Saturday and left on Saturday. Different saturdays of coarse. When we landed we still had at our disposal the better part of the day, so we wandered on over to Pike Place Square. Oh my gosh! Pike Place was the perfect heaven of independent artists and craft makers and DELICIOUS food. I mean, we bought an apple from a stand there and it was the most amazing apple we had EVER had. It was so good it must have been scientifically altered or something. That is how good this apple was!
Anyway, Pike Place rocked! But so did the rest of Seattle. I kinda ran through it in this post so I will not bore you with it again :)
So after I left off in that post we had just gotten to Orcas Island. It was perfectly beautiful! It was like Ireland and the Black Hills smushed together.
We hiked our butts off and then biked the rest of us off. I was surprised there was much of us left. It felt so good!
Hiking on Orcas!
Me on top of Mt. Constitution



The music museum where we went to because ayla wanted to, it was pretty awesome.

The University of Washington
An amazing book store we went to. I was in heaven!
A cross dresser I saw
Our hotel is on right
Thats all that was left of the apple I was ranting about earlier.

Us at Pike Place having a delicious meal of sea food. Or we had a meal, it's all gone now.

No comments:

Post a Comment