Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What about happiness? Everything/nothing

Life has this funny habit of playing tricks on us. Here I am sitting in a charming little hotel room on Orcas Island in Washington gazing on a loverly* view of Puget Sound. My foot is asleep and my sis is chatting with her boyfriend on the old 'FB' while listening to Journey(YES!!!). My mum is painting and my dad is reading. I am blogging.
We left on saturday and are going back to L.A. on saturday. Do I want to go back? Well, no. I just want all my friends to uproot and prance on up to the Land of Overcast Skies and Perfectly Grilled Salmon. Seriously, their salmon is beautiful!
The last time I was in Washington I was looking at the inside of my mothers stomach, naturally i do not remember anything about that time of my life so this was a new place for me. When we got to Seattle and saw a bit of it I realized I was in the throws of a city made up of the best parts of Portland, the hills of San Francisco and the variety of New York with a touch of L.A. Was I in heaven? I'd like t think so. Pike Place was my dream of crafty awesomeness, Capitol Hill (where we used to live... or my parents and my sis lived) was the hippest place!
I almost convinced my parents to let me get my nose pierced.
We visited the University of Washington for me while we were here. The campus was gorgeous, but I was not the happiest with their art department which wasn't helped by the grumpy art department counselor. But I think I will still consider it.
We are now on the island i mentioned before. It is perfectly loverly! The opposite of Seattle, this little town is made up of, like, fifty craft stores, a book store, a smattering of cafes and restaurants, our hotel and a grocery store. Also sheep, there are a lot of sheep here. And a cow. I love it!
Spring break is nice. No responsibilities, no homework(the historical biography I am supposed to be reading for history growls at me from my bag), no nothing. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to tell you Tallis I am so jealous of you! I grew up in Washington, and miss every single part of it!

    ReplyDelete