Friday, April 01, 2011

How Do You Call Your Lover Boy?

I have been very attached to music lately. Everywhere I go I have my iPod and I must have music playing when I am doing my homework. Except math, music just makes me confused when math is anywhere near me. Actually math just makes me confused.
Anyway, These are some of the musicians and albums I have been relishing as of late.

#1- Adele
Oh man, she is so good! My sister an I have been listening to her fine vocals almost nonstop. The first notes fly from her mouth and my sister and I are like "ummm, that is good! We believe you girl!"
We just bought both of her albums. I prefer the older album, 19, over the more experimental sounding 21. They are both phenomenal but I like her contemporary jazz sounding first album. I find it interesting that she names her albums after her age when she made them. I don't know, a fun fact :)

#2- Alex Rhodes
I was introduced to Alex Rhodes by my friend Thomas. We share a common interest in music and I am so thankful he did because I have not been able to get over how beautiful her song No Trouble is. She has only six songs available but they are all very well done.

#3- The soundtrack to Dirty Dancing!
I have been aware for a while that I have a soft spot for 80's music. I find myself buying music simply because its sound makes me feel like waring an ugly sweater and singing passionate cheesy melodies at the top of my lungs. My mother and I had a girls night, which is worthy of a post all its own, and watched Dirty Dancing among other movies. But I loved it! It was awesome! Now I feel like screaming "...And I owe it all to YOU!" every time I enter a room. But not only that song. This album is stuffed with deliciously dramatic songs that hit the spot perfectly; Hungry Eyes, Love is Strange and She's Like the Wind(which is sung my the one and only Patrick Swayze, may he rest in peace) are just some of them. I just want to dance, dance, dance when I hear these songs! GAAH! I love it!

1 comment:

  1. 80s music always ALWAYS pumps me up!

    I am having a Free People give-away on my blog if you're interested.
    xo
    strawberry freckleface

    ReplyDelete