Friday, April 08, 2011

Doing more on a nothing day

Ah, days with nothing to do. They are generally thought glorious things after a busy week of homework and rushing about, but I found myself doubtful. I woke up one day and for a few wonderful seconds of bliss thought of all the nothing I had to do that day. Then, not yet having gotten up, realized that nothing to do was depressing. My mind wandered over to my art desk and my body followed. I contented myself with thinking of all the delightful hours of arty-ness that would make up my day. Then up the stairs trotted my mother and brought to light that for the past week I had been hold up in my room working away at non social activities. So my mother, whom I love, forced me out of the house to be social. I went to my life group(a group of girls from my youth group), then I dashed over to The Americana with my loverly mother to window shop and munch on sweet potato fries, then I headed to a little cafe with some friends to listen to some live indie music by Stevie Scott.
The point of this post though is not about busing up my day, it is about a wonderful clearance corner in one of my favorite stores Anthropology. thats where we got this book:

Savvy Chic by Anna Johnson, The Art of More For Less.
This book is exactly what the title implies, a guide on how to dress, eat, travel and entertain for those, shall we say, not blessed with an exploding pocket book. Or even a fat one.
But besides that it is a whimsical narration of Miss Johnson's thoughts and adventures on all things chic. She reminds us that chic does not always mean expensive. It can mean that little black dress at a thrift store that fits you perfectly. Just remember when someone asks you, "*gasp* is that that dress from the new Calvin Klein collection?" the correct answer is, *smile* *nod* "Why yes it is."
It also has darling little illustrations by the author.



All together, I think it was a good day. Especially the sweet potato fries.

1 comment:

  1. I'm having 2 giveaways on my blog right now for shirts from SOL & denim shorts from Runway Dreamz if you'd like to check it out. xx
    devorelebeaumonstre.com

    ReplyDelete