Friday, April 15, 2011

Where the colors grow in bundles

In my last post I was intending to post a picture of my newly completed painting and have everyone oooh and ahh at it but it is still sitting in my room unfinished. Over all I think that is a good thing because I was in no mental state to be able to finish it.
Anyway, to make up for the lack of art in my last post I am going to put a bunch in this one. I found a new artist!! YAY!!
Her name is Amy Sol and I adore her art!

This is one of my favorites. It is called Anchor.
Her art, I find, is gentle. It does not flash in your eyes, it softly hums with muted tones. Yet her pieces intrigue you, moths in the arms of a girl, tiny pandas in hot air balloons? Genius!




I could fall asleep to these paintings. They are visual lullabies , thats what they are.

3 comments:

  1. I love every one of these paintings. Thanks for posting them! I feel Inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These painting are so beautiful! Love the dreamy sphere around them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so pretty!
    I agree with you when you said "Her art, I find, is gentle. It does not flash in your eyes, it softly hums with muted tones." It has a soft sweet elegance.

    ReplyDelete