Sunday, January 30, 2011

Inspirations of someone else

So in my many reading expeditions I have found an abundance of talented illustrators who's art I adore. They can capture a scene just right with the perfect shading and lines. But none have I yet to discover that rivals my affection for Keith Thompsons art. He is one of the greatest illustrators I have yet to see. Of coarse that is just my opinion, but i will not budge from it!
I found him while I was reading a novel by Scott Westfield. It is an easy but entertaining read, I would have read the other books in the series. They just wouldn't have been on the top of my extensive book list. When I saw the pictures I knew I was going to be a devote follower of this book. I just needed, in some way, to own this mans art. Gah! He is so talented!
The first book is Leviathan and the second is Behemoth.
These two pictures are from the second book in the series which I am currently reading and enjoying thoroughly.


These three are from Leviathan. Mr. Thompson works mostly with pencil, charcoal and erasers. It's no wonder he inspires me so much because those are my favored medium to work with. I just want to yell or somehow express myself vocally when I see his art but I can't. My sister laughs at me when react to one of his drawings, I usually end up flailing and saying "oh my gosh" and "It's not fair!". It is fair because he probably worked very hard to get this good. It makes me want to work hard too.

No comments:

Post a Comment