Monday, June 06, 2011

I'll Follow The Sun

There are things I wish to write that are impossible to develop past the interior of ones mind. Great things that would prove I am deeper then I appear to be, yet my failure to be able to speak what is in between my ears proves just the opposite. I wish to say things about life and what I realize about it; all that comes through my lips are misplaced words. Yet it seems a waist not to try.

"Oh, earth, you're too wonderful for anybody to realize you."
-Emily, Our Town.

I believe Thornton Wilder was on to something when he wrote Our Town. He seemed to explicitly understand the limits of the time allotted to us upon this dusty orb. So many small minuets just rushing by us leaving outlines and vague imprints, but so often never a lasting impression.
I do not want this post to melancholy so I will get to the point. Life is brief yet it is exactly the time we need. If we stayed any longer we would grow weary of living on a place that limits us more then the lack of time. But I do not think it would be right to yern always for heaven and the glories it brings. No doubt we should look forward to it but we are here for a reason. Hugh Ross say the earth was created for us perfectly. Why waist it? There are resources for us on the earth designed to give glimpses of heaven and improve us. I see absolutely no reason to waist this planet by not enjoying it.
I make a pact now. I will try to my upmost abilities to full fill the pact.

The Living Pact: I promise that to the upmost extent that my body, mind and heart can stand, I will live. I promise I will never only exist but be alive wherever my feet or moving transportation device carries me. My mind will inquire after the unusual, my eyes will see, my feet will never be static when moving is required and my heart will burst with feelings for everything and everyone.
From this day onward, it will be understood, that this pact may never be broken.

You are invited to make this pact with me. Just assume any pact-making-position you deem necessary, like spitting or crossing your heart or standing on your head, and recite as written above.

And if you need to find me, just look among the living. *wink*



No comments:

Post a Comment