Monday, June 27, 2011

Don't be shy, just let Your feelings role on by

It has been a rather long time since I have written about what has been making me happy as of late. My Happies posts I have neglected. I am sorry for that. Some might say "Why does she think anyone would want to know what is making her happy? That is stuck up." Well, yes it is a little bit, but think for a minuet. What are blogs? They are pretty much dedicated to the writer and their opinions. Duh!
I think that it is an important thing to share what your opinions and thoughts are. If we do not we will get rather lost, among people and within ourselves. So share, share, share! There are people who care! Hey, that rhymes!
So sit back and see what you think about what I think *wink*

#1 happy - SUMMER!!!!!!
Summer what, you ask? Summer everything! Summer food, summer activities, that thing we call the beach, summer clothes, summer summer summer!
Even though it is not endless I wish it was. Endless evenings buzzing with warmth and watermelons. I love it!

#2 - Cream Cheese Brownies!
A batch of these just recently sprang out of our oven and I have been in dessert bliss! My two favorite things are combined: chocolate and cheese. All is well is the world when this is the case.
!!YUM!!

#3 - Words
We take our utterances for granted almost every time we open our mouths. Why we do not love the oddly shaped things more is becoming a subject I think about more and more. This summer I must take tutoring for the impending SAT Test in October and have been memorizing words upon words and my happiness in them is growing quite a bit.
Did you know that 'compliment' does not have anything to do with giving someone a nice comment? It only says that it is something that completes a person. With that in mind I am thinking more before I saying anything in case it comes out as flattery(which is insincere praise). See! don't I seem clever!
Pay attention to what you say, I often sound like a dumb blonde if I am not careful.

#4 - Water Color!
I have been instructing myself on the art of water colors. With this book perched precariously on my knee I have been bent over my desk working out washes and detailed brush strokes. It is going slowly but I am having the time of my life! With music playing I could live in The Turret(what I have dubbed my room)happily for a while.
Dreamscapes by Stephanie Pui-Mun Law

One more! #5 - Cat Stevens!
Surly at some point in your life you have heard the sweet folkie tune of "If you want to sing out, sing out." Either from the radio or the movie Harold and Maud or the more recent movie Charlie Bartlett. Well, I have just acquired an album of his and am in love with it. The sounds from his guitar are quite nostalgic and loverly!
Well, thats all for now. I am happy to be posting again and I hope everyone enjoys it too!
-All my enthusiasm, Tallie Raye

No comments:

Post a Comment