Monday, June 13, 2011

Love and looking...

This is a poem I read aloud once. I found it the most simple and pure expression of love. It is just a woman plainly saying she loves watching this man when she is around him, and when she is not she wishes to be around him. Please read and enjoy.


To Don At Salaam
by Gwendolyn Brooks

I like to see you lean back in your chair
so far you have to fall but do not--
your arms back, your fine hands
in your print pockets.

Beautiful. Impudent.
Ready for life.
A tied storm.

I like to see you where your boy smile
whose tribute is for two of us or three.

Sometimes in life
things seem to be moving
and they are not
and they are not
there.
You are there.

Your voice is the listened-for music.
Your act is the consolidation.

I like to see you live in the world.

1 comment: