Monday, June 13, 2011

The Jasmine in my mind...

Can you feel it? The warm breezes, the clear skies and muggy air?
I can feel it. It is at the tips of my fingers and edge of my tongue!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have just one more day of laminated class rooms and suited teachers then I am free! Just like a bird!
Oh! I can not wait for the days to come!
You know when you hear a word and immediately an image or memory pops into your head? It is happening to me right now.
I see watermelon and lemonade on the front porch. I see sweaty teenagers lounging on grassy hills and hiking up dusty trails complaining of the heat. I see the beach. I see shopping. And I see art!
I will share some the things this summer holds for me.
This summer is packed full of trips:

1. Portland, Oregon. My mom and I are taking a trip up there to visit my uncle and his girlfriend. We are gonna go berry picking! I have never been Berry Piking before.

2. Palm Springs. I am taking a trip to the balmy palmy city with my life group! I am so ready for some girl time by the pool!

3. Lake Shasta. My youth group is heading there for a week of splashing and worshiping God! Not to mention hanging out with awesome friends and celebrating my good friend Mariels last year in High School! I will miss you, girly!!

Things I am looking forward to:
1. 4th of July! My favorite holiday(besides Christmas)! I love the sound of fireworks, how they resonate in your rib cage. OOOOO! I love it!

2. Art! I will have so much more time to spend at my art desk doing whatever the heck I feel like!!

3. Reading! I want to do a lot more re-reading of my favorite books this summer as well as new ones.

4. Swimming! Whether at the beach or in a pool I would much rather be in the water then on land.

5. Last but not least: Friends!! So many loverly people to hang out with! YAY!!

Throughout the summer I will have to be taking tutoring for my SAT test in October *Shock face!* yes studying in summer, bummer...
It is a minor payment for all the fun I will be having.
There you go,
All the excitement I have, Tallie Raye

No comments:

Post a Comment