Friday, August 05, 2011

The Spirit of Awkwardness comes to light

Oh my goodness!
I have been absent for quite some time now. I will not say I am sorry for the absence because it was a most glorious one. I have been gone House boating!
"What?" You may ask and I will repeat.
I have been on a houseboat.

Yes, that is correct.
To explain my youth group takes a trip every summer. It is either a mission trip or a fun trip. This year it was a fun trip! That is not to say mission trips are not fun, but it is a different kind of fun.
We drove eight hours to Lake Shasta in Northern California to the house boats we were to call home for the next week.

I had absolutely no idea what to expect. I adore anything water oriented so I was giddy with excitement, and the week did not disappoint.
That week turned out to be the best one of my life! We slept on the top of the house boats with stars to wink us to sleep; we rose with the sun and immediately rolled into the blue lake which was always welcoming to our jumpy bodies. We lived for waves and good things and played cards till our hands hurt. But the Lake was our true home that week.


Each day there was time to spend with God. We bumbled about with bibles and pens writing deep things we did not understand, they were golden light to our mumbling brains. Such a week was a gem to my soul.
It was a week that is hard to move on from. I would like to be stuck there for a long time.
Thanks for listening to my poetic bumble.
All my wishful enthusiasm, The Bursty Blogger

P.S. Some nice moments :)

This was our loverly Ceiling of Love! Everybody wrote mushy delightful note to one another.
My darling friends Michelle Bacon and Lexi Prior. Love those girls :)
Of coarse my dear bestie Mariel Evens!
These were the girls on my boat. As you can tell we were dubbed the Awkward Boat. We had a jolly old time inventing awkward symbols and situations. I am sure there is some way to make money off of it.
Mariel during quiet time with God.
A morning Banana Boat ride.
This is a photo from the drive up to the lake. One of our four vans got pulled over for driving with no seat belts. The rest of us pulled over and passed time throwing rocks at signs in general restlessness. I love these guys.

Driving up to the lake was fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment