Saturday, July 23, 2011

Get On Your Boots In San Michelle

So. It has been a little chunk of time since I last bursted upon this here blog of mine. I feel bad for its own sake that I have neglected it. Blogging is one of the most lovable simple of joys in the world and feel as though I missed a bit of life when I do not blog.
There is so much to tell you but at the moment there is but one thing(well, two things) that I wish to share.

#1-I saw BONO! With my own eyes!

#2-Beginning of the story is an order.
On the 21st of this month I had the utmost hight of pleasure by going to see my all-time favorite musical, Les Miserables.
Let me obsess for a moment. Musicals and plays are my loves. If they were men I would merry one of them. But this one, this musical caps all others.
I have seen this play twice before, once in London and once concert version at the Hollywood Bowl. I know the songs by heart and nearly wet myself when I heard it was coming to LA.
The play we saw on Thursday was amazing! It was a renewal of memory for me.
The play attacked my emotions in all the right places. I cried for the deaths of Fantine and little Gavrouch, I rejoiced for Jean Valjeans freedom. The actors were rather perfect. What I most enjoyed was the actors interpretations of the characters since they were all different then I have seen before. I loved it!!

Girl Moment:
There was a man who sang a main supporting part who could sing his butt off! And he had this hair, Oh his hair! it was blonde curls down to his shoulders. Think hair band status. Yep, perfection.

My friend Mariel from the Petite Parlor came with us. After the show and many tears, because it was just so beautiful and touching (Do You Hear The People Sing, In The Garden Of The Lord!!), Mariel, my sister, her boyfriend and I were outside the theater just talking and enjoying the night time. Suddenly my sister and her boyfriend just took off. Mariel and I were baffled by their strange behavior until they finally pointed to two men they were following. The shorter man was the one and only Bono, lead singer from U2!
I started tearing up all over again. He even was waring his signature sun glasses, at 11:00 p.m.! We stalked him all the way to the parking garage and then, reluctantly let him go. Mariel looked at me and said "What are the chances that we saw Les Miserables in the same theater as Bono?"
We spent the car ride home in a happiness daze. We did not want to sleep for fear of this beautiful night ending. Of coarse it did end, but it was a wonderful day. I do not think there will ever in my life be another day like that in my life. There will be other happy days, only they will be a different kind of happiness.
I wish days like that for all of you.

All my dreamy enthusiasm, The Bursty Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment