Friday, August 19, 2011

What a Darling Treasure





There are places I know of filled with delight! Trendy places with people and things that are nice to look at and enjoy.
These are my favorite places in Los Angeles. If you know me you know that the City of Angeles is not the city of my dreams. I don't like it very much. But every once in a while I stumble upon a nook or crack in the dull cement walls of LA that contain unexpected beauty.
I adore the times I find these crannies because they give me places to go with people I love.
Ladies and gentlemen, here are my favorite haunts of LA.
My favorite shopping spots:
Americana


This little pocket of town is so fun to hang out, shop (or in my case window shop), eat or just be in the general bustle of life. It is also a bonus that they pipe in jazz and crooner music through out the area. Where ever I walk Frank Sinatra or Ella Fitzgerald is serenading me. What a dream!
Old Town Pasadena
I love Old Town, it has that city block feeling that can only be found in cities like New York or Seattle. That community city feeling, you know? A feeling that can't be found anywhere else in LA, just here. It has some loverly restaurants and my favorite Gelato place. Yum!!
Santa Monica Pier

Oh I do love the beach! The ocean pounding and seagulls calling should be the background music to everything. Anyway, this place is fun, it is always new and fresh and just plain cool! Not to mention romantic (wink).

Just up the street is a great shopping street. I love that there are always street performers dancing or singing to make the experience perfect :)
Favorite eateries:
Aromas Coffee & Tea Company

This is Aromas. There are few places in this world that still carry magic and this cafe is one of them. My dear friend Mariel and I go to munch and talk and have a jolly old time among the delightful greenery.
Here I am sipping, laughing and soaking it all in. Thanks, Mariel, for the photo!
There you have it. I think I will write about my favorite places more often, I think it gives me a better way to look at this city I inhabit.
Thanks for reading!
All my enthusiasm, The Bursty Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment