Monday, August 15, 2011

My Head, My Heart, My Mind, My Wings

Wait a second. Didn't I see you earlier? Hum, must be my mind playing tricks.
Anyway, this post makes me a wee bit nervous.

So earlier this year a very close friend got their wagon hitched, or married. It was a gloriously sweet wedding and I literally danced tell my feet hurt. But it was such an amazing time!
Well, at the time of the wedding I did not have a wedding gift for her and her husband and felt awful about it. So I painted them this.
Well. it is more of a collage then a painting. It happened almost by accident. I was going to paste magazine pictures of the ocean and sky to the canvas but silly me didn't know that paint was a horrible glue. All the magazine pages crinkled up and looked bad. After it had dried I tore them all off and got this great old-wallpaper-look. It made me very happy.
All the castles represent different aspects of the married couples life. The Castle of Home.
The Castle of Two become One and The Castle of Sharing Space.

The Castle of Protection.
The Castle of Travel.
The Castle of God and Marriage.

Thanks for listening and looking!
Art is my passion, I will be sharing more of my work on this here blog of mine.
All my artistic enthusiasm, The Bursty Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment