Sunday, August 07, 2011

The King of The Mountain

Getting behind in your blogging is very inconvenient. Well, whatever. I do not actually mind much. Anyone who does can leave a comment but I will most likely keep falling behind, getting distracted by butterflies, and dancing through fields in wooden souled shoes. When I finally do get back to this blog I will be most unapologetic about being late for it is my blog.
I have been staring at the computer screen way to much today, and yesterday, and the day before that(curse you glowing flat surface gods!).
Besides all the little duties I must preform day to day I have been hankering to produce a fashion post. Here it is!!

I actually took these photos a long time ago. To be precise, this was the day I got baptized. Easter Sunday, 2011.
That day is such a beautiful memory. I will never forget it as long as I live, no exaggeration about that either.
I had been fasting for forty days before this day for lent. I had been fasting clothing. No, I was not a nudest for forty days. I gave up "caring" about what I wore, just tee-shirts jeans and all the simplest clothes in my wardrobe. No jewelry either. It was so hard.
So on the first day of freedom I binged and dressed however I wanted to. God spoke many things to me while I was fasting, the whole process lead right up to my baptism.
Shirt: A little store in Studio City that I can't remember(I need to work on that).
Skirt: Thrift store and then altered.
Shoes: Mossemo
Jacket: Gifted
Purse: Thrift Store
Heart Neckless: Tiffany's, it was a gift from my dad :)
Locket: Black Hills Gold
Blue Necklace: American Eagle
This is my first fashion illustration that I have posted. Actually it is the first piece of art by myself that I have posted on here.
It is humble and sweet. I had just taught myself to water color so I will do better next time. But i am rather proud of it :)


Thanks for reading!

All my enthusiasm, The Bursty Blogger

1 comment:

  1. I love the water color. I miss you and hope we can talk soon.

    ReplyDelete