Friday, December 10, 2010

Nights are long and full of young moons

I have been found.
Have you ever experienced the feeling of being found? It's wonderful and filling! Many people have been found before, but it is usually a human that finds them. I have not been found by a human. It is a book that has found me today.

I am so full of it, i can hardly think!
The Blue Castle by L.M.Montgomery.
I don't feel as though i am reading it, I am a part of it. It is as if a little portal had opened up on its pages, a moving image radiated from it. I am experiencing what the heroine is experiencing. I feel what she feels, i can do what she does!
Oh, I know who my hero is now. Valancy of The Blue Castle! Her "devil-may-care" out look on life is heavenly. Not in an immoral way at all, just the kind that frees you up to possibilities and life in general. To notice the little things in life that hold so much magic.
It is truly a perfect book.

P.S. for those who have read the Blue Castle: I am now abandoning Gilbert Blythe and have started waiting for a Barney Snaith.

1 comment:

  1. GASP? No more Gill? He is crying in the corner now. Just FYI.

    ReplyDelete