Thursday, December 16, 2010

I ran away to the circus!

For four years now i have been taking ariel acrobatic at a studio on Colorado Blv. I love it so! It's like dancing in the air; such a free feeling comes with it. But mostly it is hard. It tests your body in many unusual ways, I am sore all over right now from having circus class and lap swimming all in the same day. Gaah! My ribs!
We had a photo shoot a few days ago and i wanted to share. I hope you enjoy these pics :)

This is called the Iron Corset for obvious reasons. It is fine for a few seconds, then it slowly constricts your rib cage. Even so, I love this move.
I am on the Lyra in this picture. I have no idea what the move is called but it's fun!
Double foot lock splits, always pretty.
Here i am still in the Iron Corset but i wrapped the cloth around me for a dramatic effect, hee hee!
Again on the Lyra. This is one of the most painful moves I have ever done! The mettle digs into my upper thigh, i have a string of bruses there at the moment.
So, yeah. It's a challenging and amazingly fun exercise. It's a great way to express emotions in theatrical ways. My teacher is amazing, too! She just got back from doing a ob in Korea, crazy right!
Bye just felt like sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment