Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas to one and all!

It is Christmas finally! This day has been the epitome of happiness for me for as long as i can remember. I was going to use "recall" but "remember" is such a loverly word. Being with my scattered family is such a treat! When I was little, most of the happiness orbited around the lighted tree and all the goodies hidden underneath. As I grew older, especially this year, I feel very drawn to the story of Christ and the true meaning of Christmas. Wow, that sounds so cheesy. But really, in all seriousness, I want to draw attention to the baby that was born today (actually historically it was more around january or febuary i think, but thats not important.)
God is a big part of my life, I would be lost without Him. Dear Lord, this is your day! I love you and I will give you all my worship!

Also there is family. My family is so scattered about the US that we see each other only two or three times a year. It is such a treat to be around them and have special moments. I most enjoy sitting down, drawing or drinking tea and just listening to the funny conversations that happen. I am super-ly happy to be here :)

And the food!! Oh my gosh! Our family is so centered around food. I swear we all gain about five pounds every time we get together.

Well, presents are a source of great happiness as well. I would be lying if i said "Of coarse not, I am just that unselfish." So we will unwrap them today and celebrate the birth of christ!
Merry Christmas to one and to all!-Tallie Raye

1 comment: