Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Urban Opera

When I think of art I think of these things:
Love
Peace
Happiness
Challenge
Frustration 
Joy

All are emotions I get while at work in my tiny art corner, which is an absolute hash right now. I was making ornaments for the jolly christmas season out of paper and wire and all sorts of messy materials that leave tiny scraps caught in my carpet. I have stepped on a needle or two from sewing stuff. It's CRAZY!!
But I love it!

A few months ago I was deep in the heat of applying for colleges. I have already shared part of my portfolio, I want to show another part.  
The University of Texas required a photo section of my portfolio but I rarely touch a camera, it is not in my instincts to grab one the moment I see a beautiful view or memorable moment. 

Anyway, for this project I used my sister's old thrift shop film camera. Then I took her, my best friend Mariel, and my sisters boyfriend, stuck them in weird costumes and took to the streets of my neighborhood to snap shots. 
They turned out so awesome!! Unexpectedly so because the sun went down so I thought they would turn out pitifully dark.  But here they are in all their glow-y beauty.

I give you, the Urban Opera!


The Curtain Rises


The Confused 


Visit to the Fortune Teller


Fortune Teller has Ulterior Motives


All is Revealed 


Standing Ovation

There you are. 
Thanks for looking!
All my creative enthusiasm, The Bursty Blogger





No comments:

Post a Comment