Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Life of an Artist

It is frigid in my room. Probably because it has three windows facing north with no seals (sp?). Thats ok, though. Something about cool air on my skin makes me feel at home. Los Angeles has never fit my personality. That is what college is for. 
Amid these last weeks, all my frantic application writing and Nora Jones listening, I have produced from my hands and mind some fine art projects. I do not want to brag but I am marvelously proud of my late night plaster binges. 


Slowly over many of those binges a portfolio was produced. I sacrificed time and friend time for this portfolio. 


A Late Night of Tallis Davidson:



Me in my half awake slave to art state. Yuck. 


Sucker Punch is a great soundtrack to stay awake to. 


Modge-Podge and books. My saviors! 

Among my many creations there were my masks. Yes, I made masks. BE IN AWE!!!



This is the mask of the three fates of Greek Myth. 



This is the Mask of The Spirit of Light and Dance. I am so proud of the feathers, hehe!


This is King Crow: the Courier of the Dead. Morbid, I know, but I can't hide my dramatic side. This is probably my favorite of the three. It has carnage in it. What I mean is that I had to rip up my Romeo and Juliet book for this. IT'S BOOK CARNAGE!! I almost wept, I had never even thought of ripping up a book before. It was a sin, please forgive me. 



One Thousand Paper Cranes.


This is a tribute to 9/11. I know that is a bit cliche but I really do not care. 
When my family visited New York last year we stopped by the temporary 9/11 monument. It was a simple building beside the scene of the tragedy but inside it was an emotional exhibit of the incident. What struck me most was the thousands of paper cranes that Japan had sent over.  They were beautiful. 
So this sculpture is a collapsed building with paper cranes flying out of it, freed.  I hope you like it. 
 I hope you like my art, it is for you. 

Thank you. Here is my enthusiasm, The Bursty Blogger

3 comments:

  1. I love all these! We must get together and you must teach me how to make masks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Peter Pan book my Ayla ripped apart when she was small. If I could find it (I know I kept it) would you make a beautiful piece of art out of it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah I would be absolutely thrilled to! If you can find it just let me know :)

    Thanks Brielle :) They are really fun to make.

    ReplyDelete