Monday, November 14, 2011

The Sky Is Falling!

Let me take you back in time for this post. Hop back to a week ago in Los Angeles on the 6th of November.  The day before my birthday, I was stationed at the work bench in a garage next to my friend Mariel(The Petite Parlor). We were making masks listening to good old Jack Johnson while laughing about boys ( yes, we are teenagers). Outside, there was thunderous torrential rainfall. The air was nippy and fresh smelling just how winter in CA should be. But suddenly, the rain-on-roof sound turned into a pinging hard sound. Wait, it wasn't rain! It was hail!! 

 Billions and billions of tiny ice balls were shooting down  from the sky. They coated the yard to make it look like snow, it was one of the most glorious things I have ever seen. The clouds had a purple tinge to them and rolled in and out to randomly show patches of a sunset sky. 



Logically, the first thing that Mariel and I thought to do was run out into the pelting pellets of ice. Smart? not so much. Memorable? Very. It was a wonderfully foolish thing to experience. I loved it!


Mariel enjoyed the extraordinary cold air, which is a miracle in itself in California.




 My feet :)

I had to share this amazing happenstance with everybody because it was just to beautiful to keep to myself. I mean, this is the closest we get to snow in Los Angeles, and it was so cool!


I wish beautiful experiences for you to this holiday season!


All my wonder-fied enthusiasm, The Bursty Blogger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment