Thursday, November 03, 2011

A Love Note to December

I wrote this poem a few months ago when it was supper hot. This little verse still applies to today for it is still rather warm outside, but the weather is gradual here on the Gold Coast so we should all keep up hope for colder days in December. Here you go!


An Ode to December
by Tallis Raye

December won't you come?
I have been waiting 
Many a summer night
For your cool breath on my skin,
for your frosty hands on my face,
Why don't you come?
Summer is tired now,
He longs to rest
To store up for the new year
When he will again write love 
With sun on our pale skin.
December I want you.
Come and bring your chilly dreams
And your thoughts of home.
There are such delights hidden
In the folds of your white robes.
Lights and dreary days
Are turned to magic 
At your touch.
There is nothing better
Than you.

All my dreamy enthusiasm, The Bursty Blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment