Friday, November 11, 2011

Of Little White Creatures

I am one year older then I was when I last posted. Seventeen!! Wooo-Hooo! You know what make being seventeen awesome? I'll tell you. I am finally the Dancing Queen! 
   "You are the dancing queen, young and sweet, only seventeen.
   OOOOOOO-OOOOOO!!!"- ABBA


Yep, thats me! 


I don't feel any older yet, a friend of mine said it takes at least a month for your new age to set in. Then another friend who is seventeen told me he still feels ten, so I am not sure what to expect. 
I haven't posted in awhile but I have legitimate reasons so don't judge. I have been staring at a computer screen so much lately that my eyeballs feel like the are going to fall out of my skull and roll away. There is dog hair all over my floor so I would literally have hairy eyeballs. Writing college papers has mmade me a little loopy. 
Anywhoooo, I wanted to share some wonderful gifts that my friends gave me :)


I got a graphic novel from my friend Micah:



The Arrival by Shaun Tan is based in fantastical land of strange creatures and wonderful cities. It tells the story of a man who leaves behind his wife and child and city infested by mysterious dragon like creatures to immigrate to a new bright city. 


He can not speak the language but finds this city a safe haven away from all threatening things.  
 While he is there he meets other immigrants who tell him their stories. Finally he saves up enough to bring his wife and chid to the city; they meet in an epic reunion that makes me tear up. The different thing about this book is that it is told entirely without words; just pictures drawn by the amazing Mr. Tan. 
Thanks Micah! I really love it!

All my enthusiasm, The Bursty Blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment