Sunday, March 06, 2011

I should say nothing at all

Friends are special things. What makes them? What on this earth can explain them? I can not think of much.
You can explain physical attraction to someone by pheromones and biology. Hatred can be explained by animal instincts of territory being threatened or inflicting pain. But what about friendship? It is a feeling unlike any other known to humans. You enjoy another persons company just enough that you want to be around them but just not enough to be attracted to them.
Philia. Thats what the Greeks call it.
This love, the love of friendship, may not be considered passionate in ways of being "in love" but I can testify that it is a loaded feeling.
The feeling of true friendship for a person is virtuous, it is protective and it is highly loyal. I am a very loyal person to begin with so added to this Philia it reaches epic proportions. My friends are the dearest things I have in my life. I will stand with them, I promise.
Well, my friend has been hurt. The friend of my sister has been hurt and another someone who doesn't yet know they have been hurt, has been hurt. Three were hurt by one person because they were consciously selfish and needy and cruel beyond measure.
I liked this someone too. Stood up for them on occasion. Not any more.
Stay away from my friends. I am not the only one who feels this way about you now.
Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment