Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Viking Diplomats Estranged Love Triangle

Oh laughter!

I just read a quote that caused laughter to spill freely from me because it is comically good advice. It makes me feel like book nerd when I laugh at this... Wait, I am a book nerd. Never mind.

"Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it."- P. J. O'Rourke

Isn't that just amazing!
P.J. has a point, too. If you died in the middle of reading The Italian Merchants Mistress or Twilight the humiliating story of your badly timed demise, as sad as it would be, would also be a great source of amusement among your friends. Trust me, if you were my friend and were found dead with your face in The Buddhist preist's Love Affair I will morn the appropriate time and then I will laugh and never let your now immortal soul forget how it became so. And I will find great pleasure in doing so.

Oh my gosh! To further prove how much I am a book nerd and get bookish humor I just found a website that is simply a bad romance novel title generator! It is amazing!
The Strongbadian Sadist's Wily Princess,
The Maltese King's Unwilling Dragon Lady,
HA! heres is a good one: The Mesopotamian Sultan's Virgin Wet Nurse.
I think I have seen titles like these on bookstore shelves recently. Be sure to know that even if you do not die while reading a book such as this I will mock you tell your dying day.
Ha hah ha! I am mocking your imaginary image in my mind as it reads The Viking Baby Daddy's Conniving Duchess. Ha ha haaha!
I can see it now: Olga's two year old son knows not who his father is and happy in his child like innocence, But Olga knows. She remembers the strong warrior like he stood by her now. She had been beloved by her subjects until he cam along and stole, not only her heart, but her respectability as well. He left her a broken woman. But for her son, Rifgar, she must now conceive a plan to achieve revenge on her betrayer, but will she have the strength to kill the man who still holds her heart? This thrilling tale of dread and love is continued in a twenty-three book series by Fiona Grammyhurst Lovett.
Oh yes. The mocking will commence...now.

1 comment: