Thursday, May 19, 2011

Fairy Tales and Smudges

I am in an art rut.
Translation: I can not draw.
I can technically but my creativity is hovering just above the zero mark on my creative meter. So to compensate I have been stuffing my eye balls with other peoples creativeness. Meanwhile I sit and gesture draw.
This is Trina Schart Hyman. She is a master illustrator!
Look at how her cloth moves, look at the expressions on her faces. Wonderful!
My favorite is her hair. I work and work at getting the hair on my people exactly right, but hers is perfect in every picture. I do adore her art.
Enjoy

This one is adorable!
And this one, too. Look at the fathers face! (on the left)





The hair! look at the hair! So amazing...

The fact that she almost always draws fairy tales is another bonus to her! Love ya Trina!

No comments:

Post a Comment