Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Green Chiles and Protein

Weeks you say? 

No, it feels like months. It actually has only been a few weeks since I wandered from my Los Angeles stronghold. Here in The Lone Star State there are no mountainous walls surrounding the city and, my word, is it HOT!

Most days it is as though rain is stagnate in the air and we all have to walk through it. Ok, maybe not quite that humid but sometimes I swear I can drink the air. 

It is amazing what 1378.9 miles can do to a culture. Its all In-n-Out in LA but here it is all breakfast tacos and Whataburger. They don't even like In-n-Out out here! Blasphemy! 

No matter that this is a hipster town that loves art and stuff I still feel out of place. look at it this way, I am a Double Double Protein style burger at In-n-out. Texans are the Green Chile Double burger from Whataburger. So lets look at the contrasts. 

In-n-Out's Double Double Protein Style Vs.
Whataburger's Green Chile Double: 


Protein style has no bun which equals less calories. The Green Chile burgers all have a kick to them. Applying this too human comparison means I am a wimp and Texans are all much more kick-ass then me. Yes, its true. 

Conversation proof of Texans hard-core-ness:

Jane: "Look, that girl is feeding a squirrel."
Me: "Its so cute! Probably really dirty."
Jane: "Yeah, my friend Josh would probably shoot it."
Me: "Thats horrible!"
Jane: "Oh come Tallis, we were raised in Texas. All small rodents are only for food or sport."

Jane is a sweet smily sorority girl but just the fact she was born here gives her the upper hand at surviving the zombie apocalypse. It dose not matter that we both have two burger pattys, the Texan will always come out victorious.  

Their green chile spiciness always keeps you guessing. The protein style has no risk to it except getting messy. At least in Austin, every type of human possible is condensed into one area. The protein style is separated by patties and lettuce and other burger-y things. LA has al types of people but they seem to stick to their own parts of town. Its weird. 


One thing Green Chiles and Proteins have in common is we are both green, not the normal color for burgers. People in Austin are so hipster! I am not saying I am a hipster, its just I seem to have found the few hipsters in LA to hang with so I feel comfortable around these friendly green people. 

So I am the bread-less burger come to live in the land of gun hoe burger lovers. So far its going fine. Who knows? Maybe I'll bring  LA some more kick-ass-ness when I go back. 
Or maybe I'm just to wrapped in lettuce. 


All my hungry enthusiasm, The Bursty Blogger


No comments:

Post a Comment